(CBT) Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
(EFT) Emotion Focused Therapist (Couples and Family Counselling)
Robert Roopa M.Ed (CP)., C. Psych. Assoc. (Supervised Practice), Member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario, Member of the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario, is one of our Lead Therapists at Counselling Services for York Region. He is fully dedicated to helping his clients on their journey to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- Master's of Education - Counselling - University of Toronto
- Master's of Education - Adult Education - University of Toronto
- Canadian Certified Counsellor - Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (License #7303)
- The Gestalt Institute of Toronto - Gestalt Therapy Training
- York University - Accredited Program - Relaxation and Stress Management Training
- York University - Accredited Program - Crisis Intervention and Suicide Risk Assessment Training
University of Toronto - Professional Accreditation
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Specialization)
- Couples/Family Systems Therapy
- Career Counselling
- Brief Therapy Interventions
- Maladjusted Youth Counselling
- Gestalt Counselling
- Group Therapy
- Critical Multicultural Counselling
- Learning and Cognition
- Body Focused Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
- Private Practice - Therapist
- Intern Therapist (Extended Practice) - York University
- Co-Facilitator Group Therapist (Extended Practice) - York University
- Group Therapist - Vitanova Foundation
- Instructor - University of Toronto - Transformative Learning Centre
- Research Faculty Member- University of Toronto
- Research Faculty Member - York University
- Consultant - TD Bank, Apotex, Emirates Airlines, GSK, Agriculture Canada, Parks and Recreation Canada, and more.
- University of Toronto - AECP Department SOS Co-chair
- Mental Health Program Designer - Federal Government of Canada/Local Health Integration Network
Presented at University of Toronto Dean’s Conference - 2012
Robert Roopa (2012). Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Older Adults, University of Toronto Dean’s Conference 2012, Toronto: OISE
Presented at 5th Critical Multicultural Counselling and Psychotherapy Conference at the University of Toronto - 2009
Robert Roopa (2009). The Dissection of Spirituality from Integrative Medicine, Integrating Traditional Healing Practices in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy, Toronto: OISE
Research Interests: Mindfulness Meditation, Improving Access to Care for Low-income Families, and Cognitive Therapy.
Mr. Roopa has extensive academic and research experience in biomedicine and psychotherapy. He has been awarded two Master’s degrees from the University of Toronto (M.Ed Counselling and M.Ed Adult Education), received formal training from York University in clinical methods of stress management and self-regulation, and been granted professional certification from the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association as a Canadian Certified Counsellor (License #7303). Aside from his clinical responsibilities, Mr. Roopa was an instructor at the University of Toronto’s Transformative Learning Centre and served as a department SOS co-chair at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (University of Toronto).
Social Worker - CounsellorJosie Marando, M.S.W., R.S.W., Member of the College of Social Workers of Ontario, is a Clinical Social Worker with over a half-decade of counselling experience. Known for her caring and thoughtful attitude, Ms. Marando enjoys helping children and adults work through the unique challenges they experience.
- Master's of Social Worker (Specialization in Children and Families) - University of Toronto
- The Coaches Training Institute - Life Coaching Certification
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning - Certification
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers.
University of Toronto - Masters of Social Work
- Therapeutic Orientations
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Strategic Family Therapy
- Imago Therapy
- Client-centered Therapy
- Clinical Internship - The George Hull Centre for Children and Families
- Individual and Family Counselling
- Clinical Internship - St. Michael's Hospital
- Family Therapy, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Stress Reduction, Individual Counselling, and Group Therapy
Her clinical specialties include: rehabilitation, elder care consulting, and individual and family counselling. Ms. Marando received her Master’s of Social Work degree from the University of Toronto and completed training in life coaching and Equine Therapy. She completed her graduate degree training at the George Hull Centre for Children and Families (Individual and Family Counselling) and St. Michael’s Hospital (Level II Nursery, Obstetrics and Gynecology).