We recognize that counselling with older people is quite different than that of other age groups. Our counselling program specific to our geriatric clients is designed to ensure that our client’s feel comfortable attending session. Our therapists are trained to ensure that our clients receive adequate health care service with all of their needs taken into consideration.
If you experience difficulties that you believe may impair your ability (i.e. hearing difficulties or vision difficulties) to receive service, please let us know and will try our best to make every accommodation we can to provide the care you need to be healthy.
Here are some examples of concerns that some of our clients attend counselling for:
- The Aging Body (i.e. sensory impairment, mobility and falls)
- Life Course Changes
- Multicultural Acceptance – Ethnic Diversity in Multicultural Families
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing Later in Life
- The Aging Mind (i.e., cognitive changes)
- Personal Growth and Development
- Emotions and Aging
- Self Identity Issues
- Elder Abuse
- Spirituality and Death/Bereavement
- Sibling Ties
- Changing Family Relationships
- Gay and Lesbian Relations