Academic CounsellingAcademic counselling is offered to students whom are experiencing difficulties making the most of their educational opportunities. Counselling may focus on educating students on how to prepare for participation in academia, extracting abilities and deciding on how they can be used wisely, and choosing coursework that best suits personal goals. Counselling may also focus on helping students who are struggling adjusting to the university/college experience.
Our counselling program for academic counselling includes:
- Helping individuals understand themselves and develop an appreciation for strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing an understanding of personal values and interests.
- Supporting students during difficult times that may interfere with academic performance.
- Helping parents and teachers understand difficulties the student may experience that may influence the quality of their work.
- Helping students prepare and stay organized for coursework (i.e. tests and assignments).
- Deciding on a program of study.
- Learning how to study, prepare for class, take tests, and write assignments.
- Developing discipline to meet goals.
For more information regarding our academic counselling program you may contact us at 416-999-3437 or info@csyorkregion. Our Vaughan and Maple counselling facilitates are here to help!